It’s a new year and a new you. That’s what they tell you anyway. When you think about being that new person, what improvements are you making? Are they physical ones? Do you ever stop to consider improving your smile? Many of us know someone with a great smile, but most of us have imperfections that need improvements. Veneers may be the ideal solution to repair your dental imperfections. They are thin, semi-translucent laminate that are bonded to change the shape and color of your teeth. Yes, you and your dental professional will design your smile to look as natural as possible. No one will notice a thing.
There are two types of veneers – composite resin and porcelain. Surprised? It’s true. But which do you choose? Let’s break down the two options. This way, when you go to your dentist for a consultation, you will have a general understanding of what you’re getting into and can have some questions for your appointment.
- Last about 4-8 years with proper maintenance
- Made of high-quality reinforced plastic. Given today’s high-end technology these veneers look and feel very good, but under pressure they can damage quite easily.
- Have a porous surface, which can affect their look after years of use
- Stain more easily. Often needing whitening treatments to maintain their appearance.
- Chip easily
- Porcelain veneers on the other hand last up to 25 years and do not require as much maintenance
- Made of high-quality porcelain, natural in color and more resistant
- Maintain strength and appearance over several decades
- Do not stain because of the non-porous material
Visit Dr. Kirtley today and schedule an appointment to maintain a healthy smile. Call 317-841-1111 or www.smilesbygeorge.com.
Dr. George Kirtley proudly serves Indianapolis and all surrounding areas.