Does the thought of having your teeth worked on make you anxious or uncomfortable? Do the sight of needles and the sound of dental drills make you cringe? Now imagine if you could have everything done while you nap comfortably and awake to not remembering anything from the procedure.
Sedation dentistry involves medications taken before a procedure to produce a relaxed feeling. Recovery time is a little longer and you’ll need someone to drive you home after your dental treatment is completed. Sedation dentistry can benefit a wide range of patients, including people with:
- High dental anxiety and fear.
- A severe gag reflex.
- Difficulty getting numb.
- Extensive treatment needs.
- A desire to have dentistry done comfortably while they are fully relaxed.
We understand that going to the dentist can be very difficult for some people. Dental phobia is actually a lot more common than you may think. It is estimated that about 15% of Americans avoid going to the dentist because of this reason.
If you’ve avoided going to the dentist because of anxiety or fear of the dentist, this is your chance to make an appointment and lose that fear. Contact Dr. Kirtley 317-841-1111 or visit his website www.smilesbygeorge.com.
Are you tired of having yellow, stained teeth, despite your strict daily dental hygiene? You are not alone. There are millions of people suffering from the same problem. So if you brush, floss and visit your dentist regularly then why are your teeth still discolored? This happens because the outer layers of your teeth get stained over the years by consumption of beverages with caffeine, soda, wine and smoking. When these outside sources of staining are left to sit on the teeth all day until your next brushing, the dentin on your teeth becomes yellowish or darkened. The best way to help your stained discolored teeth is professional tooth whitening.
Contributing factors to yellowing, stained teeth:
- Tetracycline based antibiotics used before the age of 8 years old
- Excessive exposure to fluoride as a child
- Internal bleeding due to trauma
- Discoloration due to a health condition
- Natural aging- as time goes by enamel gets thinner and thinner and will get a yellowish hue
Simple rules to live by to try and stop the yellowing process:
- Visit your dentist regularly for teeth cleanings
- Rinse your mouth out with water several times throughout the day
- Use toothpaste with whitening agents
One of the best ways to whiten your teeth is to visit your dentist for professional tooth whitening. You deserve a beautiful white smile. Contact Dr. George Kirtley for more information on tooth whitening and keeping your teeth white and healthy, 317-841-1111 or visit his website www.smilesbygeorge.com.
Suffering from gapped and chipped teeth? Want to enhance your stained and unsightly looking teeth? Porcelain veneers may be the ideal solution to repair your dental imperfections! Porcelain veneers are thin, semi-translucent laminate that are bonded to change the shape and color of your teeth.
The two types of veneers are composite resin veneers and porcelain veneers. The following are facts on both types of veneers.
- Last about 4-8 years with proper maintenance.
- Made of high quality reinforced plastic. Given today’s high-end technology these veneers look and feel very good, but under pressure they can damage quite easily.
- Have a porous surface, which can affect their look after years of use.
- Stain more easily. Often needing whitening treatments to maintain their appearance.
- Chip easily.
- Porcelain veneers on the other hand last up to 25 years and do not require as much maintenance.
- Made of high quality porcelain, natural in color and more resistant.
- Maintain strength and appearance over several decades.
- Do not stain because of the non-porous material.
Both types of veneers will give you that beautiful smile you have always dreamed of. For more information on veneers and changing your smile, contact Dr. Kirtley at 317-841-1111 or visit his website www.porcelainveneersindianapolis.com.