We all want to maintain fresh breath throughout the day but if we don’t have a toothbrush at our disposal how do we accomplish that?
Nobody wants to hear, “You have bad breath.”
Below are five easy ways to keep your breath fresh all day!:
- Stay hydrated. If you can’t brush your teeth after a meal, drinking a lot of water can help speed up the process of cleaning harmful bacteria and debris from between your teeth. Drinking milk can even help deodorize some offensive breath odors. Avoid sugary drinks!
- Don’t drink too much coffee. It may be tasty, but coffee is a tough smell to get off the back of your tongue.
- Don’t smoke or use other tobacco products. Cigarettes, pipes, and snuff can foul your breath. Smoking gives people horrible breath!
- Cut back on alcohol. Alcohol can lead to a dry mouth. Too much beer, wine, and hard liquor can make your breath reek for up to eight to 10 hours after you finish drinking.
- Chew sugarless gum. Doing so 20 minutes after a meal can help with saliva flow. Gum that’s 100% xylitol-sweetened can help reduce cavities(Source: WebMD).
For more information and to make an appointment call, Dr. Kirtley at 317-841-1111 or visit his website smilesbygeorge.com
Dr. George Kirtley welcomes patients from Spring Hill, Beech Grove and Warren Park