Suffering from gapped and chipped teeth? Want to enhance your stained and unsightly looking teeth? Porcelain veneers may be the ideal solution to repair your dental imperfections! Porcelain veneers are thin, semi-translucent laminate that are bonded to change the shape and color of your teeth.
The two types of veneers are composite resin veneers and porcelain veneers. The following are facts on both types of veneers.
- Last about 4-8 years with proper maintenance.
- Made of high quality reinforced plastic. Given today’s high-end technology these veneers look and feel very good, but under pressure they can damage quite easily.
- Have a porous surface, which can affect their look after years of use.
- Stain more easily. Often needing whitening treatments to maintain their appearance.
- Chip easily.
- Porcelain veneers on the other hand last up to 25 years and do not require as much maintenance.
- Made of high quality porcelain, natural in color and more resistant.
- Maintain strength and appearance over several decades.
- Do not stain because of the non-porous material.
Both types of veneers will give you that beautiful smile you have always dreamed of. For more information on veneers and changing your smile, contact Dr. Kirtley at 317-841-1111 or visit his website www.porcelainveneersindianapolis.com.